- The Family Grant program will not exceed $60,000 annually
- Individual limits will not exceed $3750 annually
- Family Grants range from $500 to the maximum range of $1500
- Family members must submit an online application for consideration
- The cycle begins February 1st of each calendar year and ends December 31st
- Applications may be submitted at any time during this funding cycle
- Family members are encouraged to limit the number of application to 5 per funding cycle
- Applications will be vetted by the Board of Directors at each monthly board meeting
- Lifestyle Grants are aimed at improving health and lifestyle via physical fitness, nutrition holistic treatment etc. Limit for this grant is $1500 annually from the date of the last approved grant
- Travel Grants are aimed at assisting with costs for travel for family members. Limit for this grant is $1500 annually from the date of the last approved grant
- Emergency grants are aimed at assisting with costs associated with unknown scenarios that may arise around the household. Limit for this grant is $750 annually from the date of the last approved grant
- All grants will be paid directly to vendors
- Priority and funding will be based on the Primary Next of Kin list
- Funds must benefit the family member directly
- Requests must come from either a Primary or Secondary Next of Kin
- Requests must fall within the outlined two categories of lifestyle or emergency
- Request must be within the outlined dollar figures
- Other 501(c)3 organizations are not eligible
- Funding for events
- Legacy Programs
- Advertising, film or video project.
- Contests or pageants.
- Capital campaigns and endowments (defined as any plans to raise funds for a significant purchase or expense, such as new construction, major renovations or to help fund normal budgetary items).
- Grants where money would be paid to vendors whose programming or policies may position
The 31Heroes Project in a negative light.
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns.
- Salaries, stipends, tips and rewards.
- Scholarships (tuition, room, board, other expenses for college/university/vocational school attendance).
- Tickets for contests, raffles or any other activity with prizes
If the nature of my request is outside of the The 31Heroes Project Family Grant Program focus areas, will my application still be considered?
Requests for items or programs that work toward the overall mission of the program will be considered. If a request is denied we will provide you with another solution via another organization who already fulfills that particular need.
Yes. You can request multiple grants but the total awared to you will not exceed the established annual limits.
Yes. You can submit applications for multiple vendors. However, your request must directly benefit you and your immediate family and must not exceed the established annual limits. We also request that you limit the number of pending applications to 3.
No. Only financial grants are available through the Family Grant Program.
You will receive an e-mail notification once funding decisions have been made.
All Grants will be reviewed monthly at the Board of Directors meeting to ensure the proper criteria have been met. The Board meets the first week of each month. Once requests have been validated for eligibility it will take 3-5 business days for vendors to be paid via check by mail or over the phone payment.
If approved, grant will be paid in full or partially, directly to the vendor listed in the grant
application. Once payment is made you will be notified via email and it is your responsibility to
coordinate deliver or goods or services.
Please allow up to 90 days for your application to be reviewed. If it has been more than 90 days, please contact us at email@example.com.